We have the capacity and experience within AWT to provide conceptual or feasibility engineering services to consider all viable options and provide a feasible solution for our client. We provide services ranging from process flowsheet design, mass and water balances, equipment sizing and selection, plant layout, electrical, instrumentation and piping design as well as capital and operating cost estimates.
The scope and level of detail of our design package can be adapted to the project needs depending on the purpose of the engineering (project feasibility, environmental permitting etc.) as well as available data. Our aim is to provide a well-defined and cost-effective starting point.
Our services include:
- Concept development
- Alternative technology evaluation
- Preliminary and feasibility engineering
- Cost estimation
- Schedule development
- Risk and hazard identification
AWT performs conceptual to feasibility level engineering in-house while detailed engineering services can be provided with our EPCM partners.
Although our basic and detailed engineering packages can be adapted based on project needs, typical list of deliverables include:
- Basis of design: includes impact of flow variation on plant efficiency
- Process design: includes process flowsheets, material balance, reagent and power consumption, equipment sizing, hydraulic capacity, detailed P&ID
- Mechanical design: includes plant general arrangement, mechanical design for every major equipment
- Civil and structural: includes foundation layouts, load calculations
- Piping: includes piping layout and isometrics, piping specification and classification index
- Instrumentation: includes detailed instrumentation list, valve specifications
- Electrical: includes list of motor and electrical consumers, lighting layout
- Control Philosophy: includes control logic and operating scheme, list of alarms
- Insulation specifications for all components inside the specified battery limit
AWT has worked with several different detailed engineering firms over the past years to provide process consulting support. For several projects where the initial process development and engineering were completed by our team, the client retained our services to conduct audits at the predetermined phase of the detailed engineering and plant construction. Our vast experience in water treatment plant design and operations provide assurance by avoiding project delays, cost overruns, startup problems and potential safety hazards.